Mental Fitness Initiative
Enabling and promoting positive mental fitness
RLWC2021 Mental Fitness Charter
Our Mental Fitness Charter is the first of its kind and something we believe will truly make a difference to people’s lives.
#RLWC2021 are proud to become the first global sporting tournament to launch a Mental Fitness Charter.
Find out what the initiative includes and what RFL Patron, HRH, The Duke of Sussex, has to say on the charter ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/2TlYJPNWyi
— Rugby League World Cup 2021 (@RLWC2021) January 16, 2020
The RLWC2021 Mental Fitness Charter commits that by the final whistle of the final game we will;
- Have educated every player, team official, match official, teammate and volunteer to look after their own mental fitness and the mental fitness of those around them.
- Have supported tournament players to take their experiences home and develop mental fitness awareness within their own Rugby League communities
- Have delivered mental fitness workshops to 8,000 young Rugby League players, and their families
- Have trained grass roots coaches to continue delivering mental fitness workshops and leave a sustainable tournament legacy
- Have delivered a mental fitness campaign delivering key messages that reaches local communities and millions of people worldwide.
“The mental fitness charter will help us make real progress in getting rid of the stigma associated with Mental Health and remind people that it’s not just about being physically fit but more importantly mentally strong”
HRH Duke of Sussex
RLWC2021 x Movember
Watch our RLWC2021 x Movember: Mental Fitness mini-series, which aims to offer an insight into why positive wellbeing is important for everyone, not just elite level sportspeople supporting the partnership between Movember and the RLWC2021, who launched its Mental Fitness Charter earlier this year.