FREE KEY WORKER TICKETS
We're saying thank you to key workers by giving away 20,021 tickets to RLWC2021
Apply for key worker tickets
In recognition of their incredible efforts, RLWC2021 has decided to give free tickets to key workers so they can attend the Rugby League World Cup 2021.
The application process is now closed. After this date, we will process all requests and then update you on your application status via email. Good luck and thank you from everyone at RLWC2021!
Who qualifies as a key worker?
The UK government has created an official list of key workers. We have summarised the industries below; however, you can read the full official descriptions here.
- Health and social care: doctors, nurses, midwives, paramedics, social workers, care workers, and other frontline health and social care staff, including volunteers.
- Education and childcare: childcare, support and teaching staff, social workers and education professionals.
- Key public services: those essential to the running of the justice system, religious staff, charities and workers delivering key frontline services, those responsible for the management of the deceased, journalists and broadcasters who provide public service broadcasting.
- Local and national government: only includes those administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the COVID-19 response, or delivering essential public services, such as the payment of benefits, including in government agencies and arms length bodies.
- Food and other necessary goods: those involved in food production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery, as well as those essential to the provision of other key goods.
- Public safety and national security: police and support staff, Ministry of Defence civilians, contractor and armed forces personnel, fire and rescue service employees, National Crime Agency staff, those maintaining border security, prison and probation staff and other national security roles.
- Transport: those who keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight transport modes operating during the COVID-19 response.
- Utilities, communication and financial services: staff needed for essential financial services, the oil, gas, electricity and water sectors, information technology and data infrastructure sector, as well as key staff working in the civil nuclear, chemicals, telecommunications, postal services and delivery, payments providers and waste disposal sectors.
What tickets are available?
Key workers can apply for up to two tickets to any RLWC2021 match excluding the men’s opening game and the double header men’s and women’s final.
Tickets will be made available exclusively in mid-price range categories.
If we receive more requests than tickets available, we will run a random ballot to allocate the tickets fairly.
Tip: As part of the application process, you will be asked to list your top three match preferences. We expect to receive more requests for matches involving the home nations and the most popular teams. To increase your chances of getting tickets, we recommend using at least one of your preferences for a match that doesn’t involve these teams.
Please note, all ticket requests remain subject to availability and RLWC2021 confirmation.
Proof of key worker status
As part of the application process, you will be asked to upload evidence that you are a key worker.
Accepted examples of evidence include:
- A payslip (redacted for any personal information)
- An offer of employment letter
- Image of your employee ID
- A letter of confirmation from your employer that includes your name, position and employer contact details
- If the document provided does not prove you are a key worker, your application will not be accepted
- The name included in the evidence must match with the applicant’s names
- Ticket Applications made on behalf of key workers will not be accepted
Tip: If you have access to an official public sector email address or branded work email address, speed up the authentication process by using it to submit your application.